The government of Rwanda has reviewed and updated it Immigration visa regulations as provided by the law.
The new visa regulation will take effect from November 1, 2014 as approved by the cabinet on 15th Oct 2014.
The following is the updated visa regime:
- Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom and, United States of America, shall get entry visa and pay visa fee upon arrival at Rwanda entry point without prior application. The entry visa fee is 30USD, valid for a period of up to 30 days. Nationals of the mentioned countries may also choose to get visa at Rwanda Diplomatic Missions (except the UN Mission in New York) or online.
- EAC partner states citizens’ shall continue to be issued with 6 months visitors pass (renewable) at entry points with no fee.
- DRC citizens will continue getting visitors visa for a stay not exceeding 90 days with no fee as provided by the CEPGL agreement.
- Nationals of Singapore, Hong Kong, Mauritius and Philippines are exempted from entry/tourism visa for a stay of up to 90 days.
- Nationals of African countries not exempted from visa fee shall continue getting entry visa at Rwanda entry points (Kigali International Airport and all land borders).
Nationals of countries not mentioned above shall get visa upon application before travelling and pay prescribed fee.
Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration