Entry Requirements for guests travelling to Uganda
- No testing for Covid 19 upon arrival in Uganda
- Requirement for a negative PCR test done within 72 hours of pre-boarding for all incoming travelers is suspended with immediate effect for those who are fully vaccinated.
- Requirement for a negative PCR test done within 72 hours for all outbound travelers is suspended with immediate effect for those who are fully vaccinated, except where it is a requirement of the destination country or the carrier airline.
- All inbound and outbound travelers will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, except for travelers aged 5 years and below.
- Travelers with partial or no vaccination will be required to present a negative PCR test done within 72 hours of travel upon arrival or departure.
- Travelers below 5 years are not required to present a negative PCR test upon arrival or departure irrespective of vaccination or not
- All arriving guests have to apply for their visa online and get an approval letter to present to the immigration for smooth clearance. Here is visa application link; https://visas.immigration.go.ug/
- Guests are required to carry their Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
- Fully vaccinated individuals will NOT be required to wear face masks when they are outdoors provided there are NO crowds.
- Wearing face masks when one is indoors or in closed spaces like public transport, shops, schools, offices, etc where 2 meters distance can’t be observed with other individuals, is required whether one is vaccinated or not.
- The vulnerable or high-risk population. i.e. elderly aged 50 years and above and people living with co-morbidities irrespective of age are advised to wear a face mask at all times whether they are vaccinated or not.
- In the company of primates, guests are required to wear their masks, however, during the hike to and from where gorillas are located, guests can remove their masks.
Entry Requirements for guests travelling to Rwanda
- All travelers arriving in Rwanda must have either present a negative Rapid test or a PCR test certificate performed within 72 hours prior to departure.
- A Covid-19 – PCR Test will be taken upon arrival at own cost, guests will be allowed to proceed with their journey as they wait for PCR test results that are delivered within 24 hours or less.
- A PCR test taken within 72 hours is required for all visitors wishing to see primates in Rwanda.
- All travelers arriving in Rwanda must complete the passenger locator form and upload their negative test certificate taken within 72 hours before heading to the airport. Access passenger locator form is on this link; https://travel.rbc.gov.rw/travel/
- All travelers departing from Rwanda a required to present a negative Rapid or PCR test (depending on requirement at destination) performed 72 hours before departure.
- Guests are encouraged to have their masks on while in public places
- Incoming travelers are encouraged to be fully vaccinated before their travel.