Speke Uganda Holidays is proud to be the only Ugandan company that partners with Uganda Conservation Foundation. The Uganda Conservation Foundation (UCF) is the first and only UK based charity to focus on Ugandan conservation after years of extreme civil conflict and poaching, the aim of the Uganda Conservation Foundation is to achieve the balance between human development, wildlife and habitat conservation, therefore conserving and preserving the natural environment, the fauna and flora in Eastern Africa, particularly in Uganda.
The charity is entirely dependent on grant providers, company / organization sponsorship and support, and private donations.
The main areas of interest for the organization (UCF) include;
- Stimulating and supporting efforts in the betterment, recovery and future security of Uganda’s wildlife, natural resources and environment.
- Uniting the needs of the Uganda people with that of conservation and development objectives for the benefit of both.
- Collaborating, co-operating and supporting other agencies and organizations with mutual objectives, although focus on areas receiving little or no NGO emphasis.
- Helping provide practical support to conserve and revitalize areas of natural habitat and improve ‘urban’ areas for benefit of wildlife and communities.
- To be involved in long term, proactive, realistic and practical projects, especially those that provide the opportunity of advancing Uganda’s capability and prospects through employment, education, activities and research.
The organization through the support and funding of donors and the co-operation sponsors has contributed a lot to the growth and development of the tourism industry in recent years. It has thus helped in combating illegal trade and poaching activities in most of the parks in Uganda by offering an alternative life style to poaching through employing and sensitizing ex-poachers, investing in infrastructure and training of the locals in parks like Queen Elizabeth National Park by introducing boats and building structures for the rangers and wardens, equipping rangers with bicycles and mosquito nets. The organization has now moved to tackle Murchison Falls National Park as one of its next project.
We as Speke Uganda Holidays call upon every organizations, company and other stake holders to embrace this kind of project by giving back to our country and community, by supporting such organizations as the Uganda Conservation Foundation through donations of any kind, ranging from; $10 contribution, torches, boots, rain coats, bicycles and shelters for the rangers. This can really make a big difference in the tourism industry and community lives as well. Let’s join hands together and make tourism a worth while industry!!